Head of Product Engineering
- You prioritize, plan, coordinate and supervise the different development- and engineering projects according the objectives in time and budget. Scope of the projects and responsibilities include: technical architecture according functional requirements; hardware (analog & digital schematics, mechanical development and layout); software (embedded software & high level); designing test platform and execute testing; technical support and maintenance; subcontractor management.
- You manage the entire Innovation & Engineering team with internal and external specialists (Software Engineers, Development Engineers, Designers , ...)
- You develop the R&D strategy and manage the different phases in the Product Engineering Life-Cycle: Development; Testing (QA); Upscaling; Deployment; Maintenance and Support.
- Next to the design challenges in the first phases of the life-cycle, your focus clearly includes the practical hands on aspects during latter phases including quality assurance, improving the product (range) for series production, robustness testing, upscaling, integrating user feedback for subsequent releases, etc.
- You organize, monitor and take the final responsibility for the release strategy, version control and quality assurance of our firmware
- You actively participate in different activities of the development processes.
- You have a master degree in Engineering (e.g. Electronics and IT-engineering (EIT) or other)
- You have experience in managing a team of engineers.
- Knowledge of the following elements is a clear plus: embedded systems architectures and design, embedded software design, communication protocols (wired and wireless), iOT technologies & strategies, analog and digital hardware design, control engineering, testing protocols, …
- You have proven experience in setting up and/or managing Software quality assurance (SQA) as a means of monitoring the software engineering processes and methods used to ensure proper quality.
- You have a practical mindset and you are a problem solver.
- You have a multidisciplinary interest (embedded software, different software tools (LabView, Altium, …), data-communication protocols (MODBUS, BACnet, ZigBee, Bluetooth, etc.) mechatronics, hardware, hydraulics, HVAC, motors, sensors, ….
- You find fulfillment in the practical hands on aspects of the Product Development including quality assurance, robustness testing, aligning the product specifications with series production, upscaling, integrating user feedback for subsequent releases, etc.
- Experience in HVAC is not required, affinity with HVAC applications however is an asset.
- Early-adopter job in a growing and innovative company: you really make the difference.
- Extremely dynamic working environment: new ideas are born and implemented as fast you can manage.
- Opportunity to shape the products of the future.
Loes Van Poppel
- Electro-Mechanical Engineer
- Embedded Software Engineer
- Product Development Engineer
- Software Architect
- Test Engineer
- Innovation Manager
- Product Manager